Saturday, February 22, 2014

Detroit, MI


So after a busy, exciting and draining week and a 6 hour (or 7, I don't remember) bus ride from Chicago to Detroit we were quite ready for 3 nights of relaxation in a beautiful hotel. And it was beautiful. We'd been catering for ourselves for the past seven days, and cooking for seven people of different cultural tastes is no easy feat, and then we got to indulge in fine dining, room service and the rest at the hotel for 3 nights, it was blissful.

Other than eat, drink and be merry we decided we should probably make our trip somewhat educational, being students and all, so we took a trip to the Henry Ford Museum. Now i've never really been a car kinda girl, I mean some of them are beautiful but i'm not going to bend over backwards to see them, but this museum was really good! We not only got to learn about the start, rising and future of Ford and what it meant for America but we also got to go on a factory tour... Unfortunately all the workers were off for Christmas but it was still cool to see what goes into making a Ford F1 Truck. Living in Oklahoma I have seen enough trucks to last me a lifetime, now I also know how they're made, I am officially one step closer to being a true country gal!

Seeing many of the first Ford cars made me truly appreciate the safety and strength of the cars I drive around in now. Seeing the way they toppled around driving along the old dirt tracks was enough for me, I would not want to ride in one. But they are beautiful.

And that would be all for Michigan, next stop was the big apple! First to survive a 14 hour bus ride... Oh the joy.  

No comments:

Post a Comment